Victory Productions was founded in 1995 as a content development, design, and composition company working for major educational publishers in both English and Spanish. Twelve years ago the company recognized and fully embraced the opportunities afforded by technology and began producing a rich array of digital and online products. Today, Victory offers a unique mix of content and technology expertise, coupled with impeccable project management. Victory’s nimble and decisive environment fosters collaboration among in-house teams, expert freelancers, and our clients to bring inspired products to fruition.
Victory is proud to be certified as a MBE/WBE (minority- and woman-owned business). If you would like to in apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-site position based in Worcester, MA.
Victory is seeking a Project Coordinator with a background in educational publishing and experience in job setup and implementation. He or she will have previously been responsible for managing complex, multifaceted projects as well as smaller projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, communications, and technology skills, as well as a proficiency in creating, maintaining, and overseeing detailed schedules and budgets.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that their projects are run smoothly, efficiently, on time, and within budget.
Essential Functions and Expectations
- Coordinates and tracks assigned projects, working with Editorial Directors, Content Leads, and the Project Coordination Manager to oversee project launches, workflows, staffing assignments, and all necessary processes and procedures so each project runs smoothly to completion.
- Organizes each assigned project by developing a comprehensive project plan, keeping a complete and accurate job folder, updating project electronic records, and providing routine status reports to those who need them.
- Coordinates with the Project Coordination Manager and directors to establish a staffing plan, and is then responsible for securing all freelance resources for each project assigned to them, including generating Purchase Orders and related documents as well as tracking invoicing so that maximum efficiency is achieved for each of their projects.
- Works with Editorial Directors and the Project Coordination Manager to produce an approved initial schedule. Monitors, maintains, and revises this schedule as necessary through the life of a project to keep the project on time and within budget.
- Proactively addresses issues that may adversely impact the quality, timeliness, and budget of a project from both an internal and external standpoint, such as scope changes, client deadlines, and communication of information.
- Acts as Victory’s main liaison with clients on assigned jobs to manage tracking, workflow, and schedule matters. Helps to coordinate content questions with subject matter specialists, and communicates on a regular ongoing basis through project meetings, conference calls, and status reports to the result of a completely satisfied client.
- Management: Reports directly to the Project Coordination Manager.
- Interactions: Interacts internally with Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Management. Interacts externally with clients, freelancers, and vendors.
- Has a grasp of the general publishing process, including editorial, graphic services, copyediting & proofreading, and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication Studies, Education, Project Management, or other relevant field; equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Two years of project coordination experience in educational publishing or equivalent experience in another field.
- Financial acumen and budgetary experience.
- Exhibits a positive, "can do" attitude at all times and works collaboratively with colleagues to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and brainstorm whenever necessary.
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all times in verbal and written form with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work on-site full time in our Worcester MA office.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management software.
- Editorial or proofreading experience a plus.
- Salary Range depending on experience
- Health and 401k Plans
How Victory Productions Is Different
Victory is already a recognized innovator in electronic media. Blended learning, the use of integrated media and technologies such as eBooks, videos, online courses and social interaction, are an integral part of the company’s development efforts. We’re also leading the way in the research of Big Data applications for education. This expertise puts Victory in a leadership role in the industry, providing a meaningful contribution to the evolution of education in the United States.
Victory Productions has many industry firsts:
- Two of the first iBooks textbooks to be sold on the iTunes Store: the Economics and Personal Finance series and Breaking the Spanish Barrier.
- The first K-6 online component to be submitted as an integral part of a state adoption. This 2005 K-6 social studies basal program swept California.
- The first social studies iPad textbook app (grade 4) as part of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Beyond Textbooks initiative.
- One of the first databases to track state standards (as early as 2004).
- The first multi-touch LMS. Teachers choose the grade and state social studies standard to be taught. Lessons and content individualized for each student are presented, and the results are recorded and compiled.
Victory continues to develop engaging, content-rich, individualized learning experiences that are accessible at any time and available on multiple platforms:
- Assessments (high-stakes, formative, technology-enhanced, CCSS performance tasks).
- Basal and supplemental programs for all curriculum areas.
- iBooks textbooks and other EPUB platforms, iPad Apps/Mobile Apps, web sites, online courses, LMS, LCMS, interactive labs, simulations, games, and animations.
- HTML5 and iOS conversions and products.
- Big Data analytics, multidimensional item-bank analytics, linguistic pattern analytics, visual grade books, natural language clustering engines, concept maps.
- Bilingual products and modern language programs.
Victory has the expertise to provide a full array of publishing services, from the conception and creation of an innovative new product to the speedy completion of a basal program.
Come be a part of Victory’s team!
Job Posted: April 2019