Victory was founded in 1995 as a content development, design, and composition company which partnered with major educational publishers in both English and Spanish. Ten years ago the company recognized and fully embraced the opportunities afforded by digital technology and began producing dozens of varied online products. In the last five years Victory has been noted for its excellence in high stakes assessment testing and production tools. Today, Victory offers a unique mix of content and technology expertise, coupled with impeccable project management. Victory’s nimble and decisive environment fosters collaboration among in-house teams, expert freelancers, and our clients to bring inspired products to national and international educators and classrooms.
On-site position based in Worcester, MA.
The Technology Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Technology Project Manager will work directly with Victory’s Director of Educational Technology and Engineering Manager as well as other project coordinators, clients, and freelancers.
If you'd like to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Essential Functions and Expectations
- Manage technology and non-technology projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional project staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- 4+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Agile Methodology.
- Strong familiarity and experience with JIRA.
- Competent and proficient understanding of business solutions, such as Document Management, CRMs, Business Web Technology etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all times in verbal and written form with colleagues and clients via email, on-site meetings, telephone, web-exes, and other electronic means.
- Collaborative, "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work on-site.
- Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience. Please submit desired salary range.
- Health and 401k Plans
How Victory Productions Is Different
Victory is already a recognized innovator in electronic media. Blended learning, the use of integrated media and technologies such as eBooks, videos, online courses and social interaction, are an integral part of the company’s development efforts. We’re also leading the way in the research of Big Data applications for education. This expertise puts Victory in a leadership role in the industry, providing a meaningful contribution to the evolution of education in the United States.
Victory Productions has many industry firsts:
- Two of the first iBooks textbooks to be sold on the iTunes Store: the Economics and Personal Finance series and Breaking the Spanish Barrier.
- The first K-6 online component to be submitted as an integral part of a state adoption. This 2005 K-6 social studies basal program swept California.
- The first social studies iPad textbook app (grade 4) as part of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Beyond Textbooks initiative.
- One of the first databases to track state standards (as early as 2004).
- The first multi-touch LMS. Teachers choose the grade and state social studies standard to be taught. Lessons and content individualized for each student are presented, and the results are recorded and compiled.
Victory continues to develop engaging, content-rich, individualized learning experiences that are accessible at any time and available on multiple platforms:
- Assessments (high-stakes, formative, technology-enhanced, CCSS performance tasks).
- Basal and supplemental programs for all curriculum areas.
- iBooks textbooks and other EPUB platforms, iPad Apps/Mobile Apps, web sites, online courses, LMS, LCMS, interactive labs, simulations, games, and animations.
- HTML5 and iOS conversions and products.
- Big Data analytics, multidimensional item-bank analytics, linguistic pattern analytics, visual grade books, natural language clustering engines, concept maps.
- Bilingual products and modern language programs.
Victory has the expertise to provide a full array of publishing services, from the conception and creation of an innovative new product to the speedy completion of a basal program.
Come be a part of Victory’s team!
Job Posted: April 2019